Comprehensive Benefits of Dental Implants
Posted by Dental Solutions on Aug 13 2018, 11:13 PM
If you have missing teeth, you have several options for replacing those teeth. Today, implants are considered the most advanced technology available and the best choice because they are the strongest, longest-lasting, and most lifelike tooth replacement option. The implant process is now safer and less invasive and suitable for practically anyone. Your quality of life will be enhanced because implants look, feel, and function like natural teeth.
Dental Implants Offer Plenty of Benefits
- Implants preserve the integrity of the facial structure. When wearing a prosthetic appliance like dentures or bridges, the jawbone does not receive the stimulation that natural teeth provide, which will cause the loss of bone. Implants are more like your natural teeth and are fixed into your jaw, helping to prevent bone resorption.
- There are no problems with eating, chewing, and speaking normally. Implants offer the biting and chewing power equal to natural teeth. Traditional dentures are held into place with a combination of adhesives and suction. They tend to shift and move when speaking and eating. Even partial dentures can move around in the mouth and reduce your ability to eat certain foods. Dental implants are permanently fixed, they do not need to be removed and reaffixed every day.
- Dental implants look like natural teeth. The implants function like normal tooth roots and the replacement teeth on top look like real teeth. Most people cannot tell the difference between their own teeth and the implant-supported teeth. Nothing in the mouth feels artificial.
- No surrounding teeth are affected by the dental implants. Unlike bridges or partial dentures, which use the adjacent teeth to affix the prosthetics and can weaken the natural teeth, implants do not compromise the surrounding teeth.
- Dental implants last longer than any other tooth replacement option, and with proper care, they can last a lifetime.
- Restore your self-esteem and renew your self-confidence by improving your appearance, comfort, and health. Dental implants give you a way to replace your teeth that will give you a healthy and strong tooth function and a confident smile. Success rates are extremely high for this procedure, especially in patients with healthy gums and sufficient bone structure.
No single option is right for everyone. However, dental implants have benefited many people. Call Dental Solutions in Odessa, and our dentists, Drs. Diais and Dayeh will help you find the tooth replacement option that is right for you.