Odessa Orthodontics Available at Dental Solution, P.A.
Achieving a beautiful smile is one of the main reasons
for choosing to receive orthodontic care. Having braces will greatly improve the way you look and will boost self confidence. Straight teeth and beautiful smile is a life-long gift that you can give to your kids and beloved ones. In our practice, our staff is dedicated to give you a relaxing experience throughout the course of orthodontic treatment.
What is an orthodontist
There are three steps in an orthodontist's education: college, dental school and orthodontic residency
program. it can take more than 10 years of education after high school to become an orthodontist. After finishing dental school the prospective orthodontist must be accepted as a student in an accredited orthodontic residency program (a highly competitive process). During residency the prospective orthodontist learn the skills required to manage teeth movement (orthodontics) and guide facial growth (dentofacial orthopedics)
- Only those who successfully completed this formal education can call themselves "Orthodontist"
- Orthodontists are uniquely qualified to diagnose and treat orthodontic problems. They dedicate their professional lives to create healthy, beautiful smiles in teen and adults.
- Orthodontist have the skills and knowledge to recommend the type of orthodontic appliance that will work better with your case.
- Only orthodontists can be members of the American Association of Orthodontists AAO).
How Orthodontic treatment works
Orthodontic treatment works by applying a controlled, gentle force to the teeth moving them into their ideal position. This result in ideally straight teeth, balance facial profile, functional bite and a beautiful attractive smile.
Duration of orthodontic treatment
Each orthodontic case is unique. Treatment time varies ranging between 1 and 3 years. Several factors affect the length of the treatment such as:
- Age: teeth move faster in younger patients
- Severity of the case: cases with severe crowding take longer time compared to cases with simple crowding
- Compliance: A big factor in a successful, fast treatment is you- the patient! Following instructions, not missing appointments and taking good care of your appliance and teeth will result in much faster efficient treatment.
Regardless of the length of orthodontic treatment, it is definitely worth it! By the end of the treatment you’ll have a beautiful smile and health teeth that lasts for a lifetime.
Types of orthodontic appliances:
A variety of orthodontic appliances are used in our practice. We offer metal (conventional) bracket and wires, esthetic (ceramic) brackets and white wires and clear aligners (Invisalign). During your initial orthodontic examination we will discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each option and let you know which ones will work best with your case.